Relay For Life is a year-round team fundraising challenge bringing communities together to beat cancer.
Over 4 million people take part in Relay For Life each year, raising over £3.5 billion in the worldwide fight against cancer since 1985. There are over 40 Relay For Life events happening across the UK this summer. You can join any one of them by starting or joining a Relay fundraising team with friends, family or workmates. Raise as much as you can, then come together with your Relay community for a fun day and night of celebration.
Organised by a dedicated volunteer committee, each Relay For Life event is a 24-hour community celebration. Teams, cancer survivors, their carers and volunteers come together to take part in a 24-hour Relay For Life event to show that together, we’re stronger than cancer.
- Our VIP guests are our survivors of cancer. Each event begins with their lap of honour.
- We all take it in turns to walk laps of a track, all day and all night to show cancer never sleeps.
- A Candle of Hope ceremony sees the darkness lit up in memory of those we’ve lost.
- Talks about CRUK’s ground-breaking science give us real hope for the future.
- Music from local performers gets us moving. Stalls and games are fun for all the family.
- A closing ceremony celebrates our achievements, and inspires us all to continue the fight.
As part of a world movement of over 5000 Relay events, we celebrate survivorship, remember those lost, and fight back against cancer together. Cancer Research UK is the world’s leading charity dedicated to beating cancer through pioneering research. Every day 970 people are diagnosed with cancer in the UK. Sadly, half will not win their battle. We will not stop until everyone will be told they are going to be OK.
By starting or joining a Relay For Life team, and raising as much as you can, you will bring us a step closer to the day when all cancers are cured.